1. Helps me tune everything else out.
2. Pumps me up. (Helps me push through “the suck”.)
3. I’m distracted throughout the day anyways, so why change?
4. I already have a noisy head.
5. There might be an emergency (phone users).
6. I don’t want to talk to anyone.
7. I don’t want to listen to anyone.
8. I don’t want anyone talking TO me.
9. I like to talk on my phone while working out/walking.
10. I just can’t exercise without it. (i.e., because I can.)
Now, if you are training for a race. Check out this brief article on why you SHOULDN’T take your headphones to the gym .
Dr. Rob Bell is a Sport Psychology coach. DRB & Associates based in Indianapolis works with athletes, coaches, and teams building their Mental Toughness. His 2nd book titled was released. Twitter: @drrobbell