15 Minutes of Mental Toughness
15 Minutes of Mental Toughness Robcast with Dr. Rob Bell. Listen to Experts from all fields share about Mental Toughness and Their Hinge Moment.
Ted Rath- NFL Strength Coach of The Year- No Rank to a Good Idea
3:12- What is Mental Toughness to Ted?
4:11- Can you develop Mental Toughness?
6:22- What helps athletes overcome adversity?
7:55- How Ted coach’s players through adversity to better prepare them for game day.
10:40- What’s the culture like among an NFL staff?
12:12- Being vulnerable can actually make you a better leader.
13:18- Ted’s HINGE moment.
16:08- How getting fired helped to re-center Ted’s focus.
19:56- What people don’t know about the life of a strength coach in the NFL.
21:53- How to maintain life balance with no off days.
23:43- Keeping work at work and letting it go when you get home.
25:54- Something everyone can do to improve their Mental Toughness.
Join The Mental Toughness Newsletter and TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
Ted Rath enters his second season with the Los Angeles Rams. He enters his 10th season at the pro level, previously as an assistant strength coach for the Miami Dolphins and Detroit Lions.
Prior to joining the Rams, Rath was named assistant strength and conditioning coach in Miami for the 2016 season. Before his stint with the Dolphins, he spent seven seasons (2009-15) with the Detroit Lions as an assistant strength and conditioning coach.
Martin Rooney – Mental Toughness And The Salad Bar
2:00- What is Mental Toughness?
3:30- How do we train the mental toughness muscle? If people just did this one step!
5:30- How a coach builds another’s mental toughness!
7:00- The precise steps a coach needs to take to build someone’s mental toughness.
8:52- How the Salad Bar line builds mental toughness.
12:15- Mental Toughness is “doing what we don’t want to do.” Into the Roar!
15:45- The Hinge Moment of Coach Rooney happened as a 7th grader!
21:16- One impact story of Alisha, a Training for Warrior, who is still fighting cancer!
23:00- The one thing that STOPS Mental Toughness! Alisha has become a model for others!
28:00- How coach Rooney flips the script on the host!
Martin Rooney is the founder of Training For Warriors. An internationally recognized trainer, speaker, author and pioneer of strength and conditioning, Martin holds a Master of Health Science and Bachelor of Physical Therapy from the Medical University of South Carolina. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science from Furman University.
Martin was a four-time All Conference, and four-time MVP performer in Track and Field at Furman and a member of the United States Bobsled team. Since the foundation of the TFW system, Martin has traveled around the world to train, compete, and conduct seminars and help prepare world class athletes and coaches. Martin has been the martial arts consultant to the NY Giants and the NY Jets and a coach on the IFL World Team Champion New York Pitbulls. Martin is currently a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under UFC fighter Ricardo Almeida and a black belt in Kodokan Judo under Olympian Teimoc Johnston-Ono.
He has written eight books called “The Book of 5 Things,” “Rooney’s Rules”, “Train to Win”, “Success Patterns”, “The Team Renzo Gracie Workout”, “Training for Warriors”, “Warrior Cardio” and “Ultimate Warrior Workouts.”
1:40- Most people have NO IDEA about this part of Fishing.
3:30-Please Walk us through a 10 hour tournament day.
6:14- How does Mental Toughness impact fishing?
7:20- Stuff actually in our control as a fisherman.
10:14- How important is confidence and momentum?
11:40- How do you let go of mistakes and move on? (LIGMO)
13:00- Your hinge moment of becoming a professional fisherman and getting a sponsor.
16:10- “I just threw my name in a hat.”
17:15- How does your vision impact your mental toughness?
19:07-Helping others get into the sport helps you as well?
21:51- One thing people need to know about becoming mentally tough?
Mental Toughness Podcast Episode features- Todd Hollowell is a full-time touring bass professional on the FLW Tour. In 2018, he will enter into his 7th season on the FLW Tour where he has seven Top-20 finishes, highlighted by a 4th Place at Lake Norman in 2016 and a 2nd place at the Costa Championship in 2017. Todd is a 2x-Forrest Wood Cup qualifier, 4x-Costa Championship qualifier, and 2x BFL All-American qualifier.
- What is Mental Toughness?- :00
- Why Gary practiced with the linemen.- 3:20
- Mantra of “give me what you got.”the skills that transfer from sport to life.-3:41
- The toughest thing that Gary overcame in life.-4:23
- “I wasn’t a football player! I was CDO- Chief Defense Operator.”- 8:08
- NO GAS- No One Gives A S____ – 9:24
- The goal as an entrepreneur and restaurateur. How do football skills transfer? – 14:32
- The Mental Toughness piece of advice for EVERYONE. – 15:35
Gary Brackett was an undrafted free-agent in 2003 and won a SuperBowl with the Colts in 2006. He played in the NFL for nine (9) seasons. Gary earned his MBA and is a restaurateur and speaker. His goal is to have 50 Stacked Pickle restaurants in 5 years. Gary has a book which will also be a movie titled: Winning: From Walk-On to Captain in Football and Life.
:47- What is Mental Toughness?
6:20- What’s different about players that are or are NOT Mentally Tough?
9:00- The Hinge moment from college basketball to skill development! Wow!
10:00- The way coach builds trust with players.
14:03- A player who shot 1/3 3-pointers the entire sophomore season to 7/10 3-pointers in state championship game.
15:20- I got told “NO” a Lot.
17:20- When did you know you were on the right path?
20:00- Dealing with the financial stress
23:00- What is it that someone needs to do to build Mental Toughness?
Coach Joey Burton is a 13-year seasoned coach and trainer, having worked with athletes at all skill levels. Joey’s coaching experience at various stages of an athlete’s development has allowed him to identify and develop an athlete’s specific training needs. Joey Burton has trained NBA talent, including Yogi Ferrell and Evan Turner, among others. He’s coached Division 1 NCAA Athletes, and consulted with entire NCAA teams and coaching staffs on skill development.
- How an escalator changed his life forever and became a hinge moment.
- What is Microwave Success?
- How can each of us build Mental Toughness?
- One thing that nobody knows about being a Harlem Globetrotter.
- How the death of his father changed his life as a 10-year old.
- Two paths changed because of the death of his father.
- If you’re clear on where you are going, your Mental Toughness becomes clearer.
- Visit Neil Richmund
- How did Wil Fleming’s son power him to a national record in Weight Lifting?
- The impact of the last “real” conversation Wil had with his mom.
- The precise way to FOCUS during important competitions.
- Do we need to fail in order to have success?
- How to rebound from not losing for over 2 years?
- Visit Wil- Force Fitness and Performance or instagram.
- What is Mental Toughness? 1:20
- What is takes to be a professional. 3:00
- Working on Mental Game. 4:55
- Getting CUT at age 14. 6:30
- “You’re not good enough.” 10:51
- Signing the wrong contract. 11:45
- What you need to know about building mental toughness. 16:30
- Is it hard to transition from a professional soccer player? 18:48
- What is Mental Toughness 1:15
- Why living in SLC means so much to the story. 2:30
- The Two Paths. 3:21
- What was the action step of Divorce that became a Hinge Moment? 4:20
- What is the biggest struggle for Females and Mental Fortitude? 6:50
- You need to KNOW this tool for Mental Toughness! 9:15
- Mindset of Keepers? 1:10
- How build Mental Toughness? 2:25
- What learned most from Sport Psychologist? 2:40
- How-to let go of mistakes? 5:00
- It’s NOT who get’s there 1st.- 10:18
- The next level mentality.-14:57
- Your Tom Brady moment (not what you think)?- 19:35
WATCH- Thaddeus Rex, How Every Great Song Returns to the Chorus & Every Great Business Returns to the Brand.
- How Your Hinge Moment Ended up as a Book. 1:15
- The way it has to happen rarely actually ever happens. 6:40
- What’s the difference between writing a song and a book? 8:00
- How do we return to our own chorus in business? 14:00
- What happens when big companies fail? 20:00
- The ultimate goal of writing a song! 25:03
- Check out more on Thaddeus Rex-
- How a Call from Gary Player the night before the final round helped brother Trevor Immelman win the Masters- 1:00
- As an All-American in college, losing to his younger brother was a Hinge Moment- 6:25
- The BEST part about being a Coach? – 10:10
- Being a coach is a tremendous responsibility! 11:15
- What is the biggest take-a-way for being a good communicator? 11:44
- What do people NEED to know in order to be Mentally Tough? 15:08
- The spiritual side of being a PGA Tour broadcaster. 19:20
- Why do players switch putters so often? 24:02
- Getting back to your neutral. 24:58
- Listen to & Visit Mark Immelman here…
2:30- What Does Mental Toughness Mean to You?
4:00 Mental Training Becomes a part of the team culture.
5:40 The disappointment of Sochi Olympics.
13:00 The Hinge moment of helping out a Russian Skier.
17:05 The culture of Cross-Country Skiing and the presence of mind to help.
19:33 What do you think people need in order to be mentally tough?
24:40 How difficult is it to be an Olympic Coach?