Coach Greg Schiano enters his 1st year as head coach of Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At Rutgers, was known for his motto of “keep chopping wood”- meaning to keep steady, break them down, and one play at a time…
Here are his 10-points of emphasis:
- Protect the Quarterback- He has his QB’s wear light knee braces.
- Size Matters- Fast guys should be fast, big guys should be big & fast.
- Veterans will lead- Period.
- No Cliques- Coach has mixed up basic seating arrangements in the locker room.
- Urgency is the order of the day- “Time is our enemy.”
- Talk, don’t text- Shouldn’t we all do this?
- Don’t show your tired- No hands on knees, ever.
- Make the transition smooth- Everything is crisp.
- Prepare well- Prepare, prepare, prepare.
- Don’t get lost in the details- Details are important, but personnel is the most important.