11 Ways to Instantly Increase Your Mental Toughness in 2022
Too many academics need to publish their own definition to warrant acclaim and significance, but I’m a cash & carry guy. Keep it simple…Simple is powerful.
1) Mental Toughness is a) how you perform under pressure and b) how you deal, handle, & cope with adversity, struggle, and the setback.
Remember though, it’s not about the setback, it’s about the comeback!
2) A few notes regarding the cerebral game and how this infographic and slides can assist. Because seriously, how can taking cold showers increase my overall game, outlook, and experience?
3) Mental Toughness is caught more than it is taught. We get the test first and the lesson afterwards.
4) This mental toughness won’t always WIN it for you, but a lack of it will lose it for you.
5) The IMPORTANCE of possessing it is The Hinge!
We are all getting ready for a Hinge Moment, because once it hits, it’s too late to prepare…
Practicing these skills will build specific parts of our overall game- CONFIDENCE, DISCIPLINE, FOCUS, COMMITMENT, and the ability to RE-FOCUS. Remember, we are ALL Athletes, our office is just different!
Dr. Rob Bell is a Sport Psychology Coach. His company DRB & associates coach executives and professional athletes and is based in Indianapolis. Some clients have included three winners on the PGA Tour, Indy Eleven, University of Notre Dame, Marriott, and Walgreens.
Please Check out all the books and the mental toughness podcast - 15 Minutes of Mental Toughness as we interview expert athletes and coaches about Mental Strength and their Hinge Moment. New blog posts are published weekly.