Why I Hate Koala Bears
I hate things that aren’t what they appear to be. It’s why I can’t stand politics. Nothing is what they make it out to be.
I am a wash and wear kind of guy.
I’ve had a few famous idols in my life and was unlucky enough to meet them all. They never lived up to my expectations.
I still get caught up in appearances as much as anyone. It bothers me when I encounter athletes that look like a demigod, but don’t have mental toughness. They may be the fastest on the field, but lack that all important “it” factor. George Foreman once stated, “ Big guys have everything, except motivation.”
Koala bears fit the mold of not what they appear to be. I thought they were cute until I pulled back the curtain and exposed the wizard.
- First of all, they aren’t even bears, they are marsupials.
- Koala’s sleep over 20 hours in the day. They are lazy! Anyone actually see them moving around in a zoo?
- Over 90% of Koala’s have chlamydia! Gross to even think about, but it’s also the biggest control to their population.
- Koalas are incontinent, they are constantly peeing all over themselves, probably while they sleep too. Can’t be a pleasant smell.
- As if you need one more reason, baby’s feed on their mother’s “pap,” that’s short for poop I think. The babies actually eat their mother’s diarrhea. (Sorry I had to mention it.)
Rats, on the other hand, are NOT cute,. Sure, they spread the plague, but you know what you’ll get with a rat. I’ll take a rat any day of the week. Rats also get a bad rap as snitches. Odd moniker, but it stuck. If I had a college mascot, I would actually name them the Rats.
- Rats are an animal that can tread water for over 24 hours.
- They can chew through lead pipes and cinder blocks and run on telephone wires.
- They carry around a tail the length of their body and can still fit through almost any size hole.
- They can run up to 24 mph. That’s fast!
- 95% of the animals tested in laboratories are rats and the one mammal that could survive a nuclear explosion.
Rats even have one of the best kids movies of all-time, Ratatouille. Koala bears don’t have that.
Dr. Rob Bell is a Sport Psychology Coach. His company DRB & associates is based in Indianapolis. Some clients have included: University of Notre Dame, Marriott, and Walgreens. Check out our most recent books on Mental Toughness-